Before you start
About EMMA III
Service software/solution by SE themselves. Protected by the EMMA smartcard to prevent non-licensed usage. Current version is EMMA3, though EMMA2 is still alive (but kinda useless on newer phones). The EMMA smartcard contains an algorithm that allows EMMA to communicate directly to/with the phones CID, so performing operations the way they were intended. The smartcard and its algorithm has not been kracked. Current EMMA access levels exists:Service Update – Can’t unlock phones.Service Update Pro – Can’t unlock phones. Network Operator – Can’t unlock phones (but sure as hell can lock them ). Service Center Std – Can’t unlock phones. Service Center Rc – Can unlock phones, as they have a special version of the smartcard with a CSCA key.Research & Development – Can unlock phones, as they have a special version of the smartcard with a CSCA key.
I’ve seen many people sometimes have problem with SEUS. Where there is no re-install option after SEUS detecting our current firmware version. Even after run script with XS++ the re-install button is still unavailable and phone is still dead or stuck at booting.
So this tool will solve that problem. This tool will also help for those who doesn’t have internet connection to flash his/her dead phone via SEUS and those who have failed while update via SEUS.
This version can be only used in offline mode, so before use, please turn off your internet connection. If your internet connection is on, than you will unable to login into EMMA III with username & password listed below. If your connection is on, EMMA will download available program update before display login form and it will be unable to login to the program.
After you extract downloaded EMMA III, don’t delete the rar archives. Just in case, if you can’t open EMMA after trying to use it online, you can extract the rar files again and use it again as usual.
Before you start flashing you have to fully charge your battery!
As always you can download files from the download section. You can find there light (1GB) version or full (3.3GB) version. Both of them should work properly, so try light version if you have no time or slow Internet connection.
- Install seehcri driver from
Emma.exein Emma III Folder and wait for login form to be displayed.
- Insert username & password, then click login
- While login process is taking place EMMA will load all needed files then it will show notification Failed to communicate with server and will ask for confirmation. Choose NO, so it will not automatically connect to server when connection available.
- Emma III is open and ready to use.
Things, you should know before start using EMMA III Offline
- EMMA will be only available for matching firmware version (check your CDA). If your current CDA does not match with Available service in this pack then Emma won’t be available for you.
- Most firmware and services in this pack are only available for Generic World 2 (GW2) & Indonesia Firmware.
- To see available service list for your phone open EMMA III, go to Tool > Manage Local service (it will found 373 services). In filter list type your phone model (for example: P990). Then it will show available services for your phone.
- If your current Firmware version is not GW2 or Indonesia nor available in the service then use XS++ and run script to change your CDA version to match it with available service.
- Open EMMA III program (follow instructions above).
- Turn off your phone, remove SIM card & memory card
- Attach USB data cable to PC (do not attach cable to your phone now)
- Press and hold ‘C’ button or internet button (’@’)
- Attach USB cable to your phone. Wait until your PC detect your device (if it ask for diver then use attached signed driver and browse to the extracted driver folder)
- Wait until EMMA detect you phone then relese the ‘C’ or ‘@’ button. EMMA will show you available service for your phone.
Here’s screenshot of my P990
As you can see in screenshot above, there is only P990 phone lock view service is available for my phone.
While there is actually available two services for P990 which is “P990i Generic World 2” & “P990i phone lock view”
So why the “P990i Generic World 2” service is not available for my phone??
You can find the answer in connected item tab in the left side. It’s because my phone CDA is CDA162007/1 (Generic World 1 / GW1), while there is only “P990i Generic World 2” service available. So “P990i Generic World 2” service won’t be available for my phone and I can’t flash my phone using EMMA with my current CDA. Then if I want to flash my phone then I have to use XS++ to change the CDA version. Then this service will be available for my phone.
Screenshot of M600
In the screenshot above (M600) you can see that all services are displayed in service section it’s because M600 firmware is CDA162011/2 (GW2).
- Flashing: to flash your phone choose Generic World 2 or click on other service if you want to do else. Then click “Apply Service”. In my case I try “P990 phone lock view”.
- Wait until process completes successfully.
- After it completes, connected item tab will become gray and service log will display “Success”.
- Remove USB from your phone, remove battery and insert it back. Insert your SIM card and memory card.
- Turn on your phone and it’s done.